The Ei100TYC Ionisation Smoke Alarm is powered by a 9V Lithium battery designed to last 10 years (the life of the alarm).
The alarm gives a fire warning when adequate smoke enters the alarm.
Interconnectable with up to 12 battery powered alarms.
Operation of the Ei100TYC Ionisation Smoke Alarm
The ‘Test’ button will perform a self test and sound the horn.
The ‘Hush’ button will silence false alarms. The unit will then beep once every 40 seconds for 10 minutes to indicate it is in ‘Hush’ mode.
When interconnected, an alarm activation on one alarm will trigger all other interconnected alarms (only the triggered alarm will flash a red indicator).
The alarm will emit a beep every 40 seconds to indicate that the battery is depleted and needs replacing.
- The smoke alarm carries the BSI Kitemark to indicate type testing to BS EN14604:2005. It will meet the requirements of Grade D (and exceed the requirements of Grades E and F) as defined in BS 5839: Part 6: 2013. It carries the CE mark to indicate conformance to Electrical Safety and Electromagnetic Compatibility Directives.
- Built in sounder giving a minimum sound output of 85dB (A) at 3m. Frequency range 2200/2800Hz. The diameter of the piezo disc in the sounder measures 40mm, and has wire contacts soldered directly onto the piezo disc. The sounder includes a resonator or ‘Trumpet’ 30mm in length, which reaches to the lid of the outer casing in order to amplify the sound.
- Interconnect feature, if one alarm sounds all interconnected alarms will sound, up to 12 units may be interconnected. The wiring can be linked using a light weight twin core (cable 250m, 50ohms max). LED under the ‘Test’ button flashes every second on the unit that initiated the alarm.
- ‘Test’ button to simulate the effect of smoke, and tests sensor, electronics and horn.
- ‘Hush’ button silences unwanted alarms for up to 10 minutes and bleeps every 40 seconds to warn that the alarm is in ‘Hush’ mode. Automatically resets.
- Automatic Self-Test: Smoke chamber is tested every 40 seconds and unit bleeps if a fault is detected.
- Automatic reset facility in that when smoke clears from the sensor the alarm will rest automatically.
- Low battery warning signal, bleeps every minute for 30 days, when replacement used is required.
- Airspeed: No false alarms up to 22mph
- Ambient Temperature Range: 4°C to 44°C. Humidity Range: 0 to 90% relative humidity.
- Dimensions: 140mm x 125mm x 46mm.
- Weight: 250g (including packaging)
- Manufactured in Ireland
- Guarantee: 5 year guarantee
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.