Ei166e Optical Smoke Alarm
Product Series: 160e Series
The next step in alarm evolution
- Mains powered with 10 year rechargeable lithium back-up
- High performance optical sensor, best for slow smouldering fires (Sofas, TVs)
- Optical sensor features built-in sealed insect mesh screen for reduced insect and dust contamination
- New and improved easi-fit base for quick, reliable installation
- Compatible with RadioLINK+ interconnection and data extraction technology
The Ei166e Optical Smoke Alarm from Aico represents the next step in alarm evolution, being built on the proven quality and performance of Aico’s previous 160RC Series alarms.
The new slimline modern design allows the alarm to be less obtrusive in the room, whilst maintaining the highest performance. The alarm also features a large central test button to provide easier testing. The overall design complements the latest Aico alarms and accessories such as RadioLINK Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms and the RadioLINK Alarm Controller.
Aico’s easi-fit base has been proven to give quick, reliable installation. With the Ei166e, it’s been made even better. More screw holes have been added and the holes adapted so N°8 screws can be used, making installation quicker and easier. Bigger wiring terminals have been used to create more wiring space to make wiring with 1.5mm² cable easier. The base also features a trunking pull-out which allows trunking to be added quickly and neatly when surface wiring is used.
The Ei166e is mains powered with built in rechargeable lithium cell back-up. The lithium cells provide tamper-proof and maintenance free reliable back-up for the whole ten year life of the alarm.
The alarm features a new and improved compact optical smoke sensor which is designed to offer the best response to slow, smouldering fires (e.g. sofas, TVs). The sensor also features a built-in sealed mesh screen to provide better resistance to insect and dust contamination.
The Ei166e is fully compatible with RadioLINK+ interconnection and data extraction technology. Simply plug-in a RadioLINK+ Module for wireless interconnection, saving disruption on installation by avoiding the need to lift floorboards or run interconnect cabling. The RadioLINK+ Module also allows data extraction using Aico’s RadioLINK+ USB Dongle and RadioLINK+ software.
- Sensor Type: Optical
- Supply Voltage: 230V AC, 50Hz
- Battery Back-up: Rechargeable lithium back-up
- Sound Level: 85dB(A) at 3m
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Humidity Range: 15% to 95% relative humidity
- Button Test: Simulates the effect of smoke. Checks chamber, electronics and sounder
- Self Test: Smoke chamber is automatically tested every 40 seconds
- Plastic Material: UL94VO flame retardant
- Dimensions – Product: 148mm dia. x 54mm
- Dimensions – Boxed: 153mm x 153mm x 62mm
- Weight: 336g (product only), 404g (boxed)
- Guarantee: 5 years
- Approvals: BS EN 14604:2005
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.